Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Possible Blog Posts by Specialization

There have been blog posts on Property Doctors with ideas of what you can post. I thought I would take that a little further and give some more ideas for each type of job. Hopefully this will inspire you to entertain me with some of your experiences or advice.
Real Estate Agents-Horror Stories, Perfect situations, Great Clients and what they do for you, What you are seeing in your market (remember there are investors all over this site, you can be an agent for them in your area if deals come along)
Investors- What do you look for in a property? How do you finance usually if you do? Everyone wants to be an investor, give us your insight.
Painters- Tell me a little about paint. What are the advantages or disadvantages to water based vs. oil based. What are some of the tools that make your life easier? What are the typical costs per room?
Tilers- What are the differences between tiles? What are some tips if people are doing it on their own? How long does it take for a job? What tools are necessary for your job?
Tech People - I have seen articles and books on SEO and topics like that. What are the realities of SEO and how else can I get my website noticed and improve traffic overall?
Motivational Speakers - Motivate and Inspire me!!!!!
Title and Escrow - What is the difference in cost between companies, what are the typical costs? What do some companies do that others don't? Are there horror stories?
Cleaning Services - Why hire someone to clean my house when I can do it myself? How much does it cost to clean a 1000 square foot house 1 per week? What do you clean, how does it work?
Stagers - What are the key points to avoid when staging your house? How much do your services usually run, and what is the return upon sale usually? How long does it take to stage a home?
Contractors - What is a typical kitchen remodel? If I had $20,000 to spend, where could I see the most improvement? How long does a kitchen remodel usually take? How do I rip out a wall, and be sure that I am not screwing up?
Photographers - Inspire me with your pictures, maybe I can show you some of mine! Photographers have it easy, just let us see your work, you don't even have to write!!
My point with this my friends is, we can all blog. I am lucky to be in an industry where I have constant things to write about, but I want you all to see that you have that ability too. I want to hear about your business. I may know a little, but I want to know all about it.
I have a challenge to each of you, if you email me at jvetter@mercurylending.com, and if I can't come up with 5 things for you to write about, I will send you a $5 Starbucks gift card. How does that sound?

No comments: